----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Saturday 17 May 2014

WE ARE THE BLACKMAIL BOYS

Sorry I haven't posted anything for over a week, I've been working hard, and I do mean hard, on my new book, 'Clash of the Agnivores.' It's amazing how your memory plays tricks and you remember two things happening at the same time, only to find, when you check, that they occurred months apart. I've had to go over the whole sorry saga again, which provides endless amusement but takes up a lot of time!

Anyway, I see that the Bisto board might be going to give in to the blackmail tactics of Honest Dave and his followers. I didn't think that many would fall for his crazy scheme and would be surprised if the board actually does capitulate. It's well known that if you give in to a blackmailer once then you'll never be free of him. If the board gives up now then there'll be demands made every time ST renewal time comes round. But I think it's all wishful thinking on the part of the Daily Record. There's still plenty of time for other folk to step in and snap up the unsold STs and I would imagine the board will bide their time till then.

McMurdo, understandably, is blazing. The meetings between the 'rebels' and Mr Blobby he sees as a slap in the face for all those that have been unflinching in their support. He and his supporters still talk of the 'rebels' as a minority but the poor season-ticket sales would suggest they've got it wrong. McMurdo suggests that some folk aren't renewing because they're sickened by Blobby's appeasement of the Union of Fuckwits. Whatever the reason the most optimistic estimates place season-tickt renewals at a paltry 10,000, which will hardly cover Sooperally's wages! The funny thing about all this is to read some moron posting on the Daily Record site rejoicing that not many STs have been sold and finishing with WATP. What the hell that's all about I don't know.

What's even funnier is that the institutional investors, who, as the 'rebels' discovered to their embarrassment last December, call the shots at Ibrox are probably getting heartily sick of all this. There's no way in hell these folk will want to be conceding anything to anybody and they might well decide that enough's enough and pack the whole thing in. There are already rumours doing the rounds about liquidation and this is a distinct possibility. Laxey, Margarita, Blue Pitch and the rest couldn't give a flying fuck for Ibrox 'traditions' and what have you; they're there to make money, full stop. If they can't get their cash one way then, by God, they'll get it another.

They can't sell the stadium, since Craig Whyte's claim is yet to be decided, but there are plenty of other things that can go, including Edmiston House and the Albion Car Park. There are already loans with these two premises as collateral and if the board is starved of funds then these will be snapped up and sold off. And if, as the rumours maintain, there is to be a liquidation in the near future, it will be a REAL liquidation this time. These hedge funds etc. won't stand for shady, backstairs deals and if Asda puts up a higher bid than a re-incarnation of the Blue Knights then Asda it is. King might think he's going to snap up Bisto FC for a song but there'll be no crooked Duff-and-Phelps type deals this time! I wonder if the new superstore on the site will use the slogan, Now, Then, Forever, over the entrance!

What's happened to Mick's website? I clicked on the link to Bampots Utd in my bookmarks this morning only to find the site unavailable. The same thing happened when I used the button here on my blog. I can't even get to it through Celtic News Network or Google; all I get is the 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' message. What's going on; or is it just me?

And finally, I see the Daily Record is sucking up to the bigots again. Just the other day, I was in the DR archives when I came across this story http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-investigate-abuse-allegations-church-3198102 about child abuse in a Church of Scotland care home in Glasgow. I hadn't seen this article before and it was obviously tucked away in a quiet corner so as not to cause offence.

The last couple of days, meanwhile, have seen headlines about some guy that claims to have been abused by a Catholic priest and to have been dismissed by the Catholic hierarchy when he complained. Cue all the comments from the bigots, which have since disappeared.

Now, I'm not dismissing the guy's allegations and something needs to be done about this kind of thing, which is still going on in many institutions. It is hardly helpful though when, as part of some kind of bigoted agenda, it is made to look as if these crimes only ever happened in places run by Catholics or the Catholic Church. Quite apart from providing ammunition for the bigots, it also means that others involved in these vile crimes can hide, secure in the knowledge that this country is only interested in Catholic perpertrators.

If you think I'm being paranoid just look at the way McMurdo jumped to the defence of Max Clifford, trying to make out that his conviction was part of some kind of conspiracy. I wonder if he'd have said the same if Clifford had gone to one of those schools, you know, the kind with an ST in front of it!

 

 


'I will tell you this, I will tell you this, boy, yez better no' be messin' aboot wi' ma website. Ah don't need any-y yez. I will walk alone, boy. I will walk alone!'
 









2 comments:

  1. it must be you pat the link on your site to Mick's blog is working ok for me.
    good to see you back

    ReplyDelete
  2. liHi P can you let Mick know he has e-mail as Iam unable to get a post onto bampots. thanks

    ReplyDelete